All the Umpiring Documents on this site were fully revised and updated in 2015 and continue to be reviewed on an regular basis.
FIPJP rules or amendments are now ratified every four years (in Olympic year), so the next update of FIPJP rules is due out in 2016.
PNZ has an active training programme for potential umpires. Please contact The Technical Director (details below) if you are interested in learning more about the rules of petanque. Once qualified PNZ requires all umpires to be involved in ongoing training, and be actively umpiring, in order to remain as a qualified PNZ umpires.
Technical Director of Umpiring:
Trevor Neilson -
Cell: 021 032 5993
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org :
Trevor comes to this position with a strong background and knowledge in many areas of petanque. He has excellent organisational and personal skills that make him well qualified for this position.
• President Rotorua Club
• Vice President Petanque New Zealand
• Asst Manager World Championships Geneva
• Player NZ Seniors Trans Tasman Team
• Qualified at National Umpire Course taken by International Umpires Mike Pegg England and Andre Deramond in Australia
• Assistant Umpire Trans Tasman
• National Umpire, Regional and National tournaments
• National Tournament Director, organised National, Oceania and Trans Tasman events